As we are part of the divine Love, call it God, Tao, Dharma... - we have everything we need for what we are here to do, in the present moment, which is all there is. We are already in the Eternal Now. "Be Still and Know that I am God." We are all connected. We are here to love ourselves and each other, and to serve as the Universe's hands and eyes and ears, to serve one another.
- The name you use for that divine intelligence in the Universe - God, Tao, Om, Dharma - is not so important as connecting to it, aligning ourselves with it; being aware that we are a spark of that. We are made from that, and thus are created in its likeness and image. We are co-creators; and what is that Will? Simply, - Love.
- I have realized that "God's Will", which has in the past been used in what to me is a negative way - can be viewed as another word for Love. What God or the Tao or our Dharma wants for us - is what is most loving; our highest path. I believe we already have everything we need , in the unseen world, there to become manifest for us when we are open to it, and the time is right.
- In the meantime, I understand the phrase in the "Our Father" prayer - "give us our daily bread" - as meaning we will be taken care of in all aspects of our lives, material and spiritual. What helps me the most when I pray that prayer, is to think of it as meaning that what I need for this day will be provided. It does not mean there will not be difficulties. But if I am open to each "present moment" and accept what is - I can find the path and the way to deal with whatever it is in that moment.
- The present moment is all there is - the past is gone; when the future arrives, it is the present. We are living in the eternal Now already.
- I confess I don't understand how this fits in with all the poverty and despair that can be seen around us. That seems to totally contradict what I just said. However, perhaps it is a call to each of us to do what we can in our own lives. Showing love in whatever way we feel called to do - can have an impact in ways we cannot fully understand.
- When Rosa Parks refused to go sit in the back of the bus, because she was tired & didn't want to move - she did not know how her action would reverberate even today, along with other actions of those such as - Gandhi; Mandela; Martin Luther King, and the multitudes of people whose names may not be known as those are; but who made and are making a difference, in whatever way they find. Nothing is "small." All is important.
- If I do not choose to love, I am always still loved. That love does not end, it can't. It is the nature of the Universe. In spite of the evil we see around us; and the misery; in some way that we cannot understand, there is an overarching love. We each can be the bearers of that love, and serve each day as the hands, the eyes, the ears - to do what we can to bring love into where we are.
- From Mark Nepo's "The Book of Awakening" - (January 25th entry) - "In loving ourselves, we love the world. For just as fire, rock and water are all made up of molecules, everything, including you and me, is connected by a small piece of the beginning...when we believe in something no one else can see, we find we are each other. And all moments of living, no matter how difficult, come back into some central point where self and world are one, where light pours in and out at once. And once there, I realize - make real before me - that this moment, whatever it might be, is a fine moment to live and a fine moment to die
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi